[tabs tab1=”Overview” tab2=”F.A.Q.” tab3=”Rules” tab4=”Fan’s Nominee” tab5=”Coach’s Nominee”]
The 2012 Middle School “ALL-STAR” Basketball Tournament will feature the best talent in Memphis middle school. This tournament is design to reward middle school players for their hard work throughout the 2011-12 school year. It will be a clash of who’s-who on the Memphis middle school basketball scene.
Media Day & Selection Sunday:
March 11, 2012
March 15-18, 2012
[button color=”red” link=”http://www.majorprepsports.com/sponsorship” target=”_blank”] Sponsorship Information[/button]
[toggle title=”How many players will be selected?”]There will be a total of 64 players selected. These 64 players will make up a total of eight (8) teams, with eight (8) players on each team. Four (4) teams from the City schools and four teams from the County and Private schools.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”How are the players selected?”]Coaches from each middle school will nominate one (1) player from their team and one (1) player from another team in their area at a different position. The Selection Committee will select the final 62 players based on nominations. Additionally, the fans will select two (2) players based on nominations – totaling 64 players for the eight (8) teams.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Who will coach the teams?”]The Selection Committee will elect/ask eight (8) coaches to coach an ALL-STAR team based on their record in the 2011-12 school year.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Is there a fee for players to play in the All-STAR tournament?”]No, there is not a fee for the players. This is a reward for their hard work throughout the season. However, there will be an admission fee for spectators and family members.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”What uniforms will the players wear?”]Players from the City will wear their school’s “AWAY” dark uniforms and players from the County/Private schools will wear their school’s “HOME” white uniforms. This is a great opportunity for each school to gain exposure.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”What is Media Day & Selection Sunday?”]March 11 is Media Day & Selection Sunday. This is where the players will be videoed and photographed for website coverage. Also, this will be the day the teams will be announced. [/toggle]
- All games will be officiated by certified high school officials when possible
- Each tournament will provide 2 coach passes per team
- Trophies are awarded to the 1st & 2nd place teams
- 3 minutes for warm-ups and half time
- There will be three (3) 30-second time outs and two (2) 1-minute time outs. In case of overtime, there will be one (1) 1-minute time out with no carry-over
- Game time is also forfeit time. No grace period will be allowed
- If a coach, player, or parent is ejected from the game they are ejected for the tournament. No refund will be issued
- Overtime will consist of 3 minute
- Home team is white. Visitors are dark
- All teams must come dressed for all games as uniforms will serve as entry to sites. Teams will NOT have access to locker rooms so come fully dressed.
- Only the official scorekeeper and time keeper will be allowed to sit at the scores table
- The Officials’ call is the final call. The tournament director does not have final call.
- At the time one team gains a lead of 20 points the clock will not be stopped except for timeouts. The clock will run until the trailing team brings the point differential to less than 20 points
- Quarters will consist of 6 minute intervals (there is no running clock until one team gains a lead of 20 points)
[tab id=5]All Coach Nominees will be verified.